Search This Blog

Sunday, 14 May 2017

USD/CAD : SHORT Position

Open Interest on CAD turned from more Put to Call, with that change, I am looking forward to the strength of Canadian Dollar.
Shorted 20K of USD/CAD on May 9 and May 10 (10K each) at price $1.36772 and $1.36523.

First Take Profit Target = $1.357
Second and Final Take Profit = $1.351


............................................................................................................................................................
May 20th, Saturday 11.30am.

This is a follow up on the prices for USD.CAD

If I have left my order alone and not keep looking at it every so often, BOTH the take profit target would have triggered.
My direction was correct, my 2 take profit target would have been hit : IF , IF I had placed my orders, set my target and just WALK AWAY .  So much for the set and forget strategy I wrote few years back on the internet.  Obviously I have too much free time on my hands,..to prevent me from staring at the screen.

Lesson to be learned.
TRY TO KEEP ME BUSY AND STAY AWAY FROM THE SCREEN WHEN A TRADE IS ON !


1 comment:

  1. Decided to close the short position today @ 9.38am when last 2 4Hr candle is green and price closed above daily open.
    I will observe and wait for price to move above weekly open and when it failed to penetrate above it, I will short again.
    Both closed at $1.36172, for a small profit of S$61.18 and $35.79. (S$96.97)

    ReplyDelete